GAFE Acceptable Use Guidelines
The use of SD62 Google Apps for Education staff and student accounts are bound by the Learning Resources Regulation B-115 (Regulation B-115).
As as overview, these documents state that users will conduct themselves in a courteous, ethical and responsible manner while using all district technology resources, which will be extended to include the SD62 GAFE platform.
Personal account information and any created or uploaded content is hosted by Google beyond Canada therefore there are important limitations to the types of information that can be shared within the SD62 GAFE system.
Staff and students must remember that the purpose of the GAFE tools are for “educational use” and to better meet the needs of learning in a digital age. Therefore any and all steps must be taken to minimize sensitive and personally identifiable information in SD62 GAFE system.
Staff and students who are using the SD62 GAFE platform need to familiarize themselves with the uses and types of information that are both acceptable and unacceptable.
Acceptable Uses/Types of Information
- Classroom assignments, research notes, presentations, school-based projects
- Multimedia objects created by students (videos, pictures, audio files, animations, etc)
- Quizzes, tests, surveys
- Professional development materials and documents
- Summative assessments (e.g., teacher comments, peer feedback)
- Calendars for assignment dates, project deadlines, events
- Communication with teachers and other students related to educational purposes
Unacceptable Uses/Types of Information
- Avoid unnessessary personally identifiable information
- Any personally identifiable information about others who have not provided consent
- Health information and history (e.g., specialist assessments, psychology reports, IEPs)
Inappropriate or prohibited use of SD62 GAFE will be subject to the terms defined by district policy and regulations.